Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A year later // Un año después


Many things have changed. I am listening to Ash "Twilight to the innocents", I am not drinking anything and I am going to sleep soon. I am having my vacations, deserved vacations, and I have my own project and money to work at least until the end of march, 2009. It has been a good year in that sense. I had also the opportunity to travel and move to Finland, one of my dreams of the last years. I am doing it now and it feels weird. I am happy there, many things could be better but, overall, I am happy there. I don't want to complain and I am not going to do it. No way. It is what I wanted. What I asked for.
Life goes on, and life gets bad news when you get older. I wish my grandmother to be here with us, being all that healthy she has been for almost all her life until a couple of years ago. Laughing and playing cards as we did all Christmas and New Year's Eves of all my life. But, as I said, things change and your life does it as well. Past times will never come again. That's life.

-----------------
Muchas cosas han cambiado. Estoy escuchando a Ash, su último cd "Twilight of the innocents". No estoy bebiendo nada y pronto me iré a la cama. Estoy de vacaciones, merecidas vacaciones, y tengo mi proyecto y dinero al menos hasta el final de marzo de 2009. Ha sido un buen año en ese sentido. He tenido la oportunidad de viajar y mudarme a Finlandia, uno de mis sueños durante los últimos años. Se ha hecho realidad y es extraño, de algún modo. Estoy feliz allí, muchas cosas podrían ser mejor, pero, en general, estoy contento allí. No quiero protestar ni lo voy a hacer. Ni por asomo. Es lo que quería. Lo que pedí.
La vida avanza y la vida trae consigo malas noticias cuando creces. Desearía que mi abulea estuviera aquí con nosotros, tan bien de salud como ella ha estado hasta hace un par de años. Riendo y jugando a las cartas como hicimos durante todas las Nochebuenas y Fines de Año de toda mi vida. Pero, como he dicho, las cosas cambian y tu vida lo hace también. Tiempos pasados nunca volverán. Eso es la vida.

No comments: