Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tampere - Helsinki bus, GMT +2

It scares. When I think that, maybe, this stay will do more harm than good, it scares me. And that, maybe, this is not my destiny after all. Because if I think that I will get the PhD I am absolutely happy and enthusiastic, but it has to be really hard to live here 3 or 4 years, if you think to do it alone. I don't know. When I see that sometimes I don't understand the reactions of the people, when I think about the language, and how shy I am, it makes me shudder. And my mood is depressed also since, this morning in Standsted I noticed the difficulty I have to understand english people (outside the frame of the BBC, which I don't have any problem with).
Well, what did you think? You must not let it affect you that much and create that insecurity.
[...]
I have seen a detour to the Haartwall Arena, so we are arriving.
Moikka!

Asusta. Cuando pienso que quizásésta estancia me haga más mal que bien me asusta. Y también el quen quizás no sea éste mi destino al fin y al cabo. Porque, si pienso en que me van a dar el PhD me pongo contento, pero realmente debe ser duro vivir aquí 3 ó 4 años, sobre todo si tienes pensado hacerlo solo. No lo sé. Cuando veo que a veces no comprendo las reacciones de la gente , cuando pienso en el idioma, y en lo tímido que soy, me da escalofríos. Y mis ánimos están un poco bajos desde que esta mañana, en Standsted, me diera cuenta de que tengo dificultad en entender a los ingleses. La BBC, perfecto, pero lo que es en la calle me cuesta un poco. En fin, ¿qué pensabas? No dbes dejar que te afecte tanto y te cree esa inseguridad.
[...]
He visto un desvío al Haartwall Arena, o sea que estamos llegando.
Moikka!!

No comments: