Friday, November 24, 2006

The Lake House

I watched "The lake House" last thursday night. It was a very good film, full of love, magic and coincidencies, in this case with me.
It is the story about a man and a woman, who live in the same house (a marvellous one, by the way, see the picture) , but with 2 years of difference, and, somehow, they deliver letters to each other in real-time, just leaving the letters or messages in the letter box, also present in the picture.
But that is not the important thing to know, and, besides, if I tell you more about the film, I would ruin a possible attendance to the cinema.
On thursday I recovered a book I had to read since a long time ago. It is "Persuasion" by Jane Austen, a book that me and my class mates had to read 2 years back in time during Christmas 2004/05, just when I knew I was leaving to Finland. Of course, I did not read the book, I was lazy andI was getting prepared for my trip, and also I was reading "Pride and prejudice", also by Jane Austen, so I had enough, for me they are quite difficult books to read, so, I was not going to read 2 at the same time , No way! But then I tried twice or three t¡mes without a success until thursday, I started in the underground while I was coming back from visiting my grandma, and it grabbed me!
Then, in the film it is the favourite book of one of the main characters. What a coincidence! It seems that the book is about 2 persons that fall in love but could not be together at that period of their lifes, and then, after some years, they meet again. Some of the sentences Keanu Reeves pronounces could have been said for me some months ago. Sometimes things like this happen, a film then exactly shows something similar to what you lived, and of course touches you... it is normal.
So, definitely, I am determined to read the novel, also to practice my english after my graduation (now I am only going to finnish). And see what does it have for me, what things can I learn from the novel. You always get good things and new experiences from everything, that is why I like to do many different things.
I hope all the coincidences are back in my life. I need to believe in them again (I still do, but I have not seen them in some months), I need to believe that I will be happy in life. Let's believe and choose the right way.
Good night.

No comments: