Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Trio of aces

Not so long ago, less than a month, I took a look at the recommendations that last.fm “calculates“ based on the music that you have been listening to during your “scrobbling life”.

Lucky me, I got the names and went to Grooveshark, my latest discovery in web-based free and legal music players. And it was (it IS) amazing how those bands sound. Straight to my “Best of 2009” without any doubts. Two songs each band and already between 100 and 200 plays in my library. Maybe in a month. It is true that I usually get very excited with new bands at the beginning, but this time is one of these times that the band really stays and ends up being a classic or entering your cd collection. And they have not entered it yet because I have a very expensive priority I want to buy, so they will need to wait.

Their names are “The Boxer Rebellion”, “Red light Company” and "The Joy Formidable”, and I copy here some of their videos and links to their songs through Grooveshark (they are not in Spotify I think).


Red Light Company "Meccano"



Red Light Company "Scheme Eugene" .... I love this song


The Joy Formidable "Austere" . There is a moment when this song explodes... I get crazy.




They are really formidable.... Ostrich live... included in Best of 2009, I won't say more.





And the Boxer Rebellion, "Evacuate" also included in "Best of 2009"



This is maybe my favourite of them all, "Forces" live by The Boxer Rebellion



And to listen to them through Grooveshark:







Is it too much to dream that I will see them live soon? I hope not. Sometimes when you play poker, Three aces are enough to win. These are for sure a must-win. Enjoy the music!

No comments: