Saturday, October 21, 2006

Three years ago


Three years ago I was in Lusæter gård, Heidal community, in the middle of Norway, yes, and also in the middle of nowhere, for 6 months. The farm is quite near the Galdhøpiggen, the highest peak in the country, you can check the map above.
It was the perfect spiritual retreat that I needed in that moment. It changed my life forever, and I am very proud that it did change it. I learned many things, I saw many things, impossible to see anywhere else, I made forever new friends. I saw the Aurora Borealis, Northern Lights, moreorless 3 years ago exactly. I met nature and I saw its cruelty and its love towards all things that are inside it.
And one of the most important things I have ever done or met: Freedom. I met Freedom and I will never forget it, and I will be forever thankful to whom showed it to me. A thing that every single human being should meet in his/her life, and should look for it at least once in his/her life.
Near Lusæter gård, ascending to the little mountain Gråhø, with a magnific view


I learned the correct value of things like milk in a great and warm breakfast, milk that you had previously milk from the cows. Heat in a really cold winter. Listening to music or watching a film was the best things we could do, and I was very pleased that for once in my life I had real peacefulness and silence. And that I could see the stars every cloudless night, taking pictures of them just walking away a few metres from the room I lived in. Marvellous.
I took there very good pictures with my old-fashioned (I don't mind) film camera. It was still a good one to learn. Hopefully, let's see if I can digitalize some of the slides I took.
Norway, Norway, Norway, I have you in my thoughts every day. Maybe we will meet again for a long or a short time soon.

No comments: